We had another busy weekend. Friday night Ben took Sara and Evan to the REAL Soccer game. I got to stay home with Kamri and relax a little.
Soccer/football field

Evan got dressed in his soccer shirt. His exact words, "Mommy, can I wear this for the soccer game?" He was so excited he was talking about it all day.
Saturday started early with an 8:00 am start of our 3rd Annual Lombardi Half Marathon. There were 14 participants this year. Anyone and everybody is invited to join us next year. We love friends to join in If you're interested let me know. (For those of you who don't know, my family gets together the weekend of Labor Day and participate in a half marathon with water stops, numbers, medals, and prizes. My brother decided that all of us paying to run a half marathon was silly and that he could just put one together himself - so he did.) The first year I was 4 months pregnant with Kamri so I was only able to make it through 9 miles. But I have finished every year since. It was a long run/walk, but we got through it. Ben did great running and I walked with my sister and dad. It's a great way for us to get together and get some exercise.

Before the race - all pumped up and ready to go

Me, Cameo, my dad
I usually walk he whole thing, start to finish, but Cameo and my dad wanted to cross the line running

Ben crossing the finish line

I did walk the whole thing with my sister and dad but we had to do a redo of the finish line picture because Ben didn't get the real one. So this one is just me.

Our numbers on our back which lead to a lot of questions from others on the trail.

All the particiants at the end - and we still hav smiles on our faces
Me and Ben with our medals
The kids all play at the park while the parents race. When the last person crosses the finish line and finish the 13.1 miles we kick off our shoes (literally) and have a picnic. We have bagels, bananas, sandwiches, gatorade, chips, and so much more. We Lombardis' know how to eat!



My nephews rode most of the 13.1 miles on their bikes. They were almost to the halfway point when Corbyn biffed it. Ouch!! He was transported back to the park while the others turned around and rode back on their bikes.
Needless to say, we spent a lot of the rest of Saturday sleeping and relaxing. That night we went to Trista and Terry's for dinner and to tell them about our Panama trip (thanks guys). We woke up sore on Sunday and Ben still finds it difficult to walk down our stairs. Why do we put ourselves through this? you ask. Because it's fun, great exercise and maybe because we are all a little crazy!
Monday, Labor Day, started with a sleep in time until 8:50 when Kamri and Sara woke up. Thank you!! We babysat my nephews and niece then that afternoon it was off to Grandma's house for a BBQ and some fun. There was football throwing/kicking contest and Sara was learning how to jumprope and we all decided to go back to our elementary days and join her. The adults ( I use that term lightly) had great fun jumping to "Cinderella, Cinderella dressed in yella...." and "Teddy bear, Teddy bear, turn around...". Let me tell you. I was more out of breath doing that than I was doing the half marathon on Saturday. Maybe I should take that up as part of my exercise routine.

Ben getting ready to kick the football


When you ask Kamri to smile she does this. Even if she just sees the camera, this is the face she makes.


Sara got pretty good by the end


Evan and Kamri trying their hand at it




Me and me with Trina, Cameo, and my friend Elisa

Sara and Elisa. We counted to 15 jumps in a row. Pretty good!!
Afterward, we went to Arctic Circle for ice cream and played in the play area


Random photos from the day.....



There's that face again!!
3 comments:
That sounds like so much fun. I love that you have a family half marathon. What a great experience.
I am jealous I missed out on the jumproping. And, yes, it is great exercise. You should do it! How fun. And I can't believe how well Sara picked up on it.
You are busy busy! What a good mom!
Post a Comment