We had another performance last Friday. This time it was Sara's turn. She had an "end-of'-year" recital. She played Op. 27, No. 11 by Dmitri Kabalevsky (if that means anything to you - it doesn't to me). She did AWESOME! She had it all memorized. She also said she made a mistake and missed a note but Ben and I both couldn't tell. She has come a long way in the last year or so. She was always way too scared to do any type of performance in front of people that weren't her family. She wouldn't even play for my mom and dad.
That's why it was so nice when her piano teacher came up to me after the recital and talked about the confidence she has. There was while back when I thought the words confidence and Sara would never be used in the same sentence. She (and I) never gave up. We've worked hard to get her to that point and it feels great. Way to go Sara! We enjoyed hearing you play.
0 comments:
Post a Comment