CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, November 26, 2010

Trina's wedding...

The day before our trip my little sister got married.  And she had me do her wedding cake.  (They were originally going to get married on the 13th but had to change it since I was going to be in Hawaii right before and wouldn't be able to make the cake.)  I got a bit of a cold that week so I wore a mask over my mouth while I was frosting/decorating it.  Isn't it lovely?


 This was the middle layer. It's called 'cornelli lace' and it took FOREVER and killed my hand.   But if I ever do it again I think I'll use a bigger/thicker tip so I don't have to squeeze so hard and it won't take so long.  It turned out pretty though so I guess it was worth it.

Here it is with the flowers and ribbon on it.  Gorgeous I think!

 And here it is all together.












4 comments:

Trista said...

Yes, the cake was gorgeous! Thanks for wearing the mask. And aren't you glad I wanted you to make my wedding cake? Look how far you've come!

Julie said...

WOW...you rocked that cake! :) GREAT JOB!!!

Elisa said...

The cakes are beautiful! Great job! I bet that lace really did kill your hand. I'm afraid of developing arthritis prematurely :). And I love your cake stand idea! Seriously brilliant!

Mo said...

Such a small world that she married a Wiseman! He's my neighbor for heaven's sake! Your cakes are beautiful. What a cool thing to be able to do!