We had our ultrasound today. Ben had to work and since he got a new job that is a 40-minute commute he takes UTA's van pool so he was unable to go with me. So, since he wasn't able to be there I thought it would be fun to have him and the kids find out the gender at the same time. I made a cake and colored the frosting in the middle either blue or pink then frosted the rest in white so they couldn't tell. Ben had a hard time eating dinner because he was so anxious to know. And the first thing the kids said to me after school was, "Mom, just tell us what it is!" They were all so excited.
We cut into it right after we cleared the dishes from dinner because they couldn't wait any longer.
They cut into it to find ....
PINK FROSTING!!
It was a little difficult keeping the knowledge to myself all day. I had sisters calling me up trying to persuade me to tell them first, but I was determined to keep it a secret. But while I was talking to Ben on the phone that afternoon, I made a slip :(. I accidentally said "she" and tried to cover it up but I guess it didn't work. But that's ok, because it was still a good surprise for him. I think next time I'll make it a surprise again. It was really fun.
We took a video of it. Their reaction was awesome. Almost everyone was excited - even Miles even though he was just copying everyone else. Evan was near tears because he wanted a boy so bad, but he's already coming to terms with it so hopefully by the time she gets here he'll just be excited.
I really didn't care what the baby was. I would have been happy either way, but now I'm so excited to get to make some fun girly things.
And just for fun, here are some fun pictures of our little girl....
Baby feet, even in an ultrasound, are just too cute!
HER cute little button nose
This is her "I'm a girl!" photo. Nope, she wasn't shy at all.
There were lots better ones, but this is the one we got.
And just for good measure, here I am today....19 weeks.
This is one I took two weeks ago but never posted

4 comments:
YEA!!!! I am so excited. But mad that you slipped to Ben but STILL wouldn't tell me... Just kidding. Yea!!!
The next one?! I love it! Congratulations! I'm so excited for you; you make beautiful girls.
Yay! What a fun idea for revealing the gender!
Such a fun idea! I love how you say next time while you're still pregnant. I always say this is that last one when i am pregnant:) You're a super cute pregnant girl. I love the belly pics too.
Post a Comment