CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, July 14, 2011

So sweet

Our kids love to write notes, especially Sara.  Ben got a new calling on Sunday.  He is now 2nd counselor in the bishopric. This will make Sacrament meeting with Miles very interesting.  This is the sweet note Sara wrote to him that day...

Congratulations! You are going to  be a wonderful 2nd counselor in the Bishopric.  May the Lord bless you when you have this calling!  I realize I am going to have to be a great help to mom. (with the kids)  I want you to know that I'm very grateful you got this calling.  I LOVE YOU!!

Your daughter,
Sara




Attached to it was another smaller note that had a 5 dollar bill attached to it just for being a great father...

I want to give this to you for being such a great father.  I love you!  Sara  P.S. Use this for anything you want.  KEEP IT!


They've tried to give us money before but we always make them keep it and "pay" us in other ways (i.e. being nice to eachother).  But her note was adament he keep it.  He decided to keep it and use it to take her on a date.

It was such a sweet thing to do.

(Sidenote:  What do you say when someone gets a new calling?  Congratulations sounds like you got something you've been working for or wanting.  But what else is there?)

5 comments:

Trista said...

That is super sweet! And I always say "condolences" or if it isn't too bad "You'll do great!"

Trina Brian said...

Sara is seriously so sweet! She is always thinking of others!!

Elisa said...

What a nice note. She's got some great parents. Also, good job on the car seat cover. It looks great!

Katie said...

I've always thought the same thing. Congratulations doesn't feel quite right to say.....lately I've just said, "well, good for you. Thats great!" though, I still don't know how well that works. Let me know if you come up with something. =)

Moshi said...

What a sweetie. I can tell you are great parents.