Sunday we surprised the kids with envelopes on the tree. Each envelope had a ticket for the minivan express. Their tickets were good for one round trip on the Minivan Express to see some Christmas lights. Ben acted as our conductor (all decked out with whistle, hat, and all) and hole punched the tickets as they entered. He handed them a bag of popcorn and their water bottles after he punched the ticket. This is a big deal because there is a "no food" rule in our van. The kids were surprised and even said, "We can eat in the van?" We told them on special occasions only. The kids loved this and said it was so much more fun than just getting in the van.
I saw the idea on this blog and wanted to do it. The blog actually has tickets you can download and use but I didn't realize this until I had already made some of my own.
Here's our handsome conductor. I think he's he most good looking train conductor I've ever seen.
0 comments:
Post a Comment