At the end of the year last year Sara tried out for and made the Student Council for the 2012-2013 school year. She was excited but at the beginning of this year she said, "I wish I hadn't made student council." She didn't want to miss class and was scared of some of the responsibilities she was going to have. But she is LOVING it, having a great time, and having wonderful experiences. She's done the morning announcements, helps sell candy during lunch on Fridays, and tomorrow she gets to go to an all-day leadership conference at BYU.
Over the summer she was told she needed to raise/earn $30 to pay for the council T-shirt and sweatshirt they were getting. She worked really hard for it. We had her pull weeds and wash our car. Maria (her aunt) had her come over and clean her kitchen cabinets and clean the inside of her car. She helped and worked really hard at the Lombardi/Bytheway fireworks tent. Maybe something else - I don't remember. But she got her shirts today and is super excited to wear them. (She wants me to change her hoodie to a zip hoodie so she doesn't ruin her hair when she puts it on. I found a link on line how to do it, but zippers scare me. Anyone know how to sew a zipper and want to teach me?) Here she is in her cute shirts. They match the PTA school spirit shirts but hers has her name and "student council" on them.
We got a PTA shirt for Evan but they didn't have the girl fitted ones and the others (even the smallest size) was HUGE on Kamri so we didn't get her one. I'm going to try to make a shirt for Kamri and paint the design on it so she can have one that matches.
0 comments:
Post a Comment