CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Farmer Boy experiment

We're reading "Farmer Boy" by Laura Ingalls Wilder as a family. In one of the first chapters Almanzo talks about how he loves this little experiment.  If you fill a glass with milk and another glass with popcorn you can put the popcorn in the glass of milk and the milk will never spill out.  So, the we wanted to try it for ourselves.  And sure enough, not one drop of milk spilled out.  



The kids then wanted to try it with water to see if it would work or if it had to be milk.




It worked with water, too.


I asked them all why they thought this happened but since I wait so long to update our blog I cannot remember their responses. But this was a fun, cheap, and easy activity together and we got the idea just from reading together.  So fun!!

0 comments: