CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, September 5, 2009

4th Annual

It's that time again. Labor Day weekend family half marathon. This is the fourth year we've done it, but it seems like so much longer than that. We look forward to it every year. This year, at about mile 9 or so, I was asking my sister why we do this to ourselves and why would we ever look forward to it. I guess we're all just crazy. The first year I was pregnant and only did half. Last year I was pregnant (Very early though. I actually wasn't even sure if I was or not.) and did the whole thing. I was walking with a bum foot this year. It hurt for the first mile or 2 then I think it just went numb. I wanted to stop at mile 11 but Ben and the kids had left the water stop by then so I was stuck. It's a good thing. I would have been upset at myself if I had quit. This year was a little different than the rest have been. It's usually a little hot by the time we're done, but this year it actually rained a little bit and was REALLY windy (and yes we had to walk against the wind).

new name for it this year.....

No more "Cheapskate Half Marathon"

We're looking all lively before we get started

AND WE'RE OFF!!!

We walkers (Trina, Dad, Cameo, Mom, Cassie, and I) are bringing up the rear...

Cassie even makes us our own race numbers

Seriously....what am I doing? I don't know. Just having fun I guess.

Me and my cute, 4 1/2 month-pregnant little sister

Ben and the kids were at one of the water stops. They were so cute handing out the water to us and were so excited to be of help this year.

My favorite part of the "race"...the FINISH LINE.

All the participants with our medals.

The whole family

Everyone who participates has a food assignment and we always have bagels and fruit (plus much more) at the end.

We started this so we could all get our half marathons in that we wanted to do but not have to pay (hence the old and new name). But, next year we're going to start a new tradition and take a small "registration" donation to donate somewhere yet to be decided.

Anyone is welcome to join us. Just let me know.

Thanks Cassie. It was great!!

We always have fun doing this. Thanks Cassie for putting it together

2 comments:

Mo said...

You go girl!

Taunia said...

Cute pictures! It was really fun.