CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Better off...

Some days I feel like my kids would be better off if I just locked myself in my room and let them take care of themselves.  Yesterday was one of those days.   They couldn't do anything right - in my eyes - and I didn't handle it very well.  UGH!!!

Am I the only one that feels that way?

5 comments:

Elisa said...

Gina, you are such a good parent. WAY better than me. I had a similar day today. Must be something in the water :).

Cassie L. said...

Yes, Gina. You are the only one. That is why I spent the evening following Norah around (literally) because she is sooooo unfocused and can't even walk straight without doing a cartwheel. I also grabbed Josephine by the the arm and yanked her to the ground and then proceeded to hold her down with my legs while I changed her diaper because she kept fighting me and the poop was getting everywhere. I also starting eating dinner without anyone because no one would come to the table. I took my son's dinner away and wouldn't let him finish it because he got up for the thousanth time. I let my baby scream for 20 minutes because I had no patience and I have no idea what he wanted. And I think I yelled at Leona for whining. So they all got it. And that was all from 5-7:30 last night. Now who is the bad mom????!!!???

Roni, Coleman, Makadie and Anika said...

I have more of those days than I would like to remember! One thing I learned when I first became a Mom is how grateful I am that kids short-term memory for bad things and their amazing ability to forgive and forget~ I just try to remember that each new day I get to try again and hopefully be better! Your family is beautiful Gina!!

Rebecca said...

I hate those days, I have them way to often.

Lombardi Update said...

I actually did lock myself in the room. i handed Ty the potato salad we had to have for the scout dinner looked at him and said "Have a great time." Shut the door ate popcorn and watched Bigget Loser, which is kinda what I felt like.