Last Monday the kids were out on Spring Break. The pretty much entertained themselves the whole day. It was great. The WHOLE morning was spent downstairs making up and practicing a play. They didn't even come up to ask for a snack. After naps they practiced some more and then the rest of the time was spent making props and scenery and picking out costumes.
If you look closely at the picture below, you can see some things hanging from the ceiling. Sara wanted stars and hearts hanging down so we cut some out, stapled them to twine, and hung them with tape. She then made a sign that read "The Royal Ball" to indicate where the dancing was. She wanted Evan (the king) and Kamri (the queen) and her (the princess) to have crowns so we made some of those. There was a sign on the door leading to the basement with the name of the play and she made two tickets for Ben and I so we could come and watch it. They worked so hard and were so proud of it. It was fun to hear them from upstairs working together. They were all so happy and I couldn't have been happier.
After the play, Sara gave us some paper to write down feedback - something we liked or something they could have done better. all of them, even Kamri, were taking this so seriously. I only helped with the stars and the crowns, everything else was totally them. It really was one of the best days we've ever had. And not just because they were out of my hair all day, but because I got to see them work together at something they did all on their own. It made them so happy.

2 comments:
Wow, what imginations! I especially love that Sara wanted feedback. That is so her!
What cute kids! And P.S. I LOVE the picture at the top of your blog!
Post a Comment