CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

yay! Hikes again!

For our family, Spring means the start of hiking and mountain season. We didn't do many hikes last year because Miles was so young and we were just plain too tired. We only had one backpack and I did not want to deal with Kamri walking that young. But we love to go into the mountains and find a nice, easy hike the kids can do.

This Saturday was the first this year. We just stayed close to home. We found this one in a book Koy and Cassie gave us all about different hikes within 60 miles. (Thanks Koy and Cassie) We didn't go up the mountain much at all. The parking lot for the trailhead was actually in a neighborhood. So it wasn't high at all. But it was still beautiful and fun.

I took up the rear with Kamri. She was a little scared of the parts we walked through loose rocks, but she was a trooper. 10 minutes into it she said, "I think I'm tired. This is a long hike." I just laughed.

2 comments:

Trista said...

Hey, remember we want to go with you. :D And you never answered me about your photos.

Misti Lee said...

I want to go to! I don't have people to hike with. I could help carry Kamri.