CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, January 25, 2009

It is worth it

I was just reflecting a little bit today. I was reading the Friend with Sara and Evan. I don't remember what we were reading or talking about but Evan told me he was trying to be good like Jesus. It reminded me of a day not too long ago that I was talking with Evan. We had a little argument with eachother. I don't remember the particulars. He had done something he shouldn't have and I overreacted badly. After I had calmed down a little bit he was still a little upset so I held him for a little bit and talked to him calmly. We talked a little about making good choices and trying to be like Jesus. (I needed the reminder as much as, if not more than, he did). He looked up at me and, sobbing, said "I'm trying to be like Jesus. It's just too hard." How true is that? It is hard to act like we should ALL of the time and of course none of us are perfect no matter how hard we try to come across that way. But how blessed are we to have a Heavenly Father who loves us inspite of our mistakes and shortcomings. A father who knew it wouldn't be easy. A father who sacrificed His son, our Savior, so that we can become perfected. One of my favorite sayings since I was in high school is "I never said it would be easy. I only said it would be worth it." I'm realizing more and more that anything worth it rarely is easy.

1 comments:

Taunia said...

How true is that. We are all trying to be like Jesus and fail tooooo many times. Evan is so cute and it is great that children keep reminding us how we should be. When I say children, I am also referring to my children who are constantly teaching me, Thanks Gina for being a great example to me. Love ya tons, Mom