CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Saturday morning cleaning

Saturday was a day of cleaning. I told the kids there would be a Jamba Juice reward if we worked really hard and got their toy room cleaned up on Saturday. They took it to heart and picked up their toys and then turned to the bathroom. Evan and Kamri washed the walls while Sara cleaned the counter, sink, and mirror. I would have usually had a hard time letting them do this, but I have been trying to be better at saying yes to the kids when what they want to do won't hurt anything or anyone. I usually need to have control over most things, but it feels so good to let things go sometimes. Hopefully I can keep it up. The kids were so proud of themselves and felt like they had done a huge favor to me. It hurt no one and only made everyone happy. It was a great morning.

1 comments:

cameo said...

They look very focused. Jamba Juice will do that.