Do any of you moms out there have a problem with using a blanket to cover an infant car seat? Mine was always falling off or being blown off by the wind. And it was really hard to carry it by the handle because the blanket was in the way. Well, I was at the doctor's office for Miles' appointment one day and a lady walked in carrying a car seat with a cool covering-thingy on it. My mom was with me and was brave enough to ask her where she got it and if she could look more closely at it. I think it was a gift to the lady so she didn't know where to get it, but she let my mom take a look. I was in love and HAD to have one. I was looking online one day and accidentally stumbled upon a shop that sells them - for $35. Since I refuse to pay money (especially $35) f0r something I can make myself (for $10 or less), I made one. It took me a good month and a half to actually get to this little project, but it was so worth it. It was my first one and I was making it up as I went, so it's not perfect and there are a couple things I would change, but I love it.
It doubles as a Snugli covering as well. I was putting Miles in the Snuggli one day and needed something to block the sun from him. I couldn't find something until I looked at the car seat. Voila!! I had my answer. I just attached the rings to the straps. It worked perfectly for that, too.
I know it's bad to be proud, but I really have to say I'm pretty impressed with myself. Now I just have to decide if I like the hooded towels I make or this as a baby gift.
4 comments:
This is very cute Gina! Good job!
That is such a good idea. I always worried that the blanket was covering the baby's face. That sounds perfect!
Cute! I've wanted to make one since I saw this tutorial a while ago: http://makeitandloveit.blogspot.com/2008/12/car-seat-cover.html. I like how you did it with velcro instead of ties, though. I think that's much easier! Good job!
Loooove it! I really like this idea for a baby gift. I think I'm going to steal it -- the idea that is.
Post a Comment