For two months I have been trying to figure out how to use coupons to save money on our grocery bill. I've never found the time (or taken the time) to sit down and figure it out. But, this weekend it was on my list of goals to get accomplished. So Saturday afternoon I sat down and figured out my plan of attack. Late that night I took a trip to Smith's to get started. Ask Ben. When I got home I was so excited about the money I saved I sat down and explained everything to him. This is what I came home with:
2 Herbal Essences curling mousse
1 Herbal Essences curling shampoo
1 Herbal Essences curling conditioner
2 lbs. shredded cheese
2 lbs. block cheese
2 packages Keebler grasshopper cookies (my favorite)
Total Cost: $24.32 (before tax)
I paid: $10.32 (before tax)
I saved: $14.00
(This was only the part of my order that I used coupons on. I didn't use coupons on the rest, but the whole order would have cost me more than $53 and I only paid a little more than $26.)
Hopefully since I have actually done it now, I will continue to make the time to figure it all out every week. We'll see.
1 comments:
Congrats!! Isn't it great when you see some awesome results?! It takes time and effort, but couponing is definitely worth it if you can get the hang of it. I'm still trying to get the hang of it, but I'm getting there.
Post a Comment