I've been looking at a few craft blogs lately. (OK, maybe more than a few. I enjoy looking at what other people are creating and being inspired to make something myself.) Anyway, there are a lot of refashioning projects out there. I was at Old Navy the other day looking for something and I ran across these shirts, on clearance for $0.97!! Sara is in need of some new summer shirts so I picked up one of each color and went home. But, when I got home I decided I wanted her to make it a little bit cuter than just a plain T-shirt so I went back and got one more of each color in the biggest size they had. I used the second shirt just for the material to turn them into these....
This post inspired me to add vertical ruffles to the coral one, and ....
this post inspired the horizontal ruffles with a cute flower on the blue one.
So much cuter. I love them now!
I've also been inspired to make some other things. These have been keeping me busy...
summer
wreath using split peas
knee high socks changed to leg warmers (the girls look sooooo cute when they wear these)
and turtleneck turned cute short-sleeved ruffle T
I love creating things. I like looking at the finished product and thinking, "Wow, I made that." I just wish I could come up with these wonderful ideas on my own. Oh well, I make a good copy cat.
1 comments:
Oh neat! I LOVE those shirts! I, in fact, have been looking for a shirt like that for myself: with ruffles or a flower on top. Maybe I'll try and follow the instructions and make one for myself...though I may be calling you for help/questions.
Post a Comment