This year, the primary was invited to be a part of the parade in July. The Stake is taking care of it with the help of the ward primaries. The stake provided this wooden puppet (bigger than Kamri) that I the primary was supposed to turn into a little girl. I took this picture after I had spray painted the body cream-colored and drawn the face on it. It started as a totally blank piece of wood in the shape of a person. So, I painted it then took it into primary and let the kid decide what color hair and eyes they wanted her to have. They chose blonde hair and blue eyes.
Now I had to get some hair on her. I had no idea how to start so I
called a lady in the stake and she showed me what she had done and gave
me a good idea of how to start. So, using yellow yarn and some bias
tape I sewed a wig together then glued that puppy on her head. I used
almost a whole thing of yarn. There was a lot of yarn.
The next step was to figure out how to dress her. I sketched some VERY simple ideas for a dress, chose the one that I though would be easiest, did the math for the measurements, and put together a dress. Here are my sketches. I think I'm going to try the skirt for Kamri. I think it would be cute.
She needed a shirt to go under the dress, but I had no idea how to make up a pattern for that so I opted to just paint on a shirt. Then added a flower to her hair for a finishing touch. If I had more time I would add some more "finishing touches" to her, but seeing as how this isn't the only thing I need to do for Primary, I'm leaving it as is.
Here's the finished product.....
I think she's cute...don't you?
I think I'll have the kids give her a name so they can be a little more
involved in the process. On Sunday we are taking some time from their lessons and Sharing Time (which I am in charge of) to make at least 40 big paper flowers for the float. Then hopefully I can breath a little. Let's hope...
4 comments:
Wow, I am impressed! You MADE a wig!? So are you the Primary President or do they just make you be the stylist? I bet the kids will be thrilled to see her on the float, but that's a lot of work!
So stinkin' cute! It's a good thing I never had a project like that.
The picture of Miles is adorable as well--forgot to mention that yesterday. :D
Well done! I'm glad it was you that had that assignment instead of me.
Post a Comment