We finally put our Christmas decorations up for Family Home Evening last week after Evan's gave us a lesson on why we celebrate Christmas. It is not a fun task when you have small toddlers still awake, a mom who wishes she could do it herself but has kids who want to do it, too. This year I started to get the nice tree decorations out and started putting them on but thought better of it and decided it would be better to put as little as possible on the tree since I would be gathering it all up at the end of the day anyway and putting them back on. Right now as I look at the tree most of the ornaments are hung from the middle up out of Asia's reach and it looks pretty bare. But it does look nice with the lights glowing.
I wrapped the ribbon around the tree and then just sat there and let the kids and Ben hand the ornaments. As I was sitting there Ben could tell I was having a hard time and came up and gave me a hug and said, "This is hard for you isn't it?" Yes, yes it was. I'm glad I just let go of my need to "control" though. The kids loved doing it and loved seeing all the ornaments from years past.
0 comments:
Post a Comment