I went visiting teaching a couple weeks ago and they lady I was visiting told me about a "young 3's" preschool class a nearby elementary class does. It is for those kids who were not 3 at the start of the school year, but turn 3 during the school year. They are able to start attending the month of their 3rd birthday. It is twice a week for an hour and a half each time. And the best part is that it is only $10 a month. I knew Kamri would LOVE it. The day she turned 3 she thought she was such a big girl she could go to school and primary now. She was a little disappointed when she couldn't do either. After Evan got home from school I told her to get her shoes on so we could sign her up for preschool. She thought she was going to school so she said, "Oh, I have to get my backpack." She ran downstairs and got her LeapFrog backpack and was so excited. I had to tell her she wasn't going yet, but could in a little bit. I took her out and got her a real backpack.
Thursday was finally the day. Her first day of school! Tuesday was actually supposed to be her first day, but she was still a bit sick so she had to stay home. I took her over just to meet her teacher since she had been so excited to go. She was a little nervous and wouldn't talk to her teacher so I was kind of nervous how she would act on Thursday when I left her. When we got there she just let go of my hand and started toward the toys. I had to ask her to come give me a hug. She's getting so big and she's so articulate. She is excellent at expressing herself and catches on to things so quickly.
When I picked her up, she said, "I like my new teachers." And she had a huge grin on her face. She had a great time.
She was just so excited
Sunday, March 21, 2010
Kamri's in PreSchool
Posted by Gina at 8:46 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment