CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Three Piggy Opera

All year Sara's second grade has been going to different theaters and halls to see plays and learn about props, scenery, costuming and have a had a whole experience centered around this part of the arts. It has been amazing and Sara has really enjoyed it. To top off this experience the 2nd grade put on a play. It was a big deal and all Sara talked about for a couple of months. They had lots of practices during school, some after school practices and lots of dress rehearsals. Last Thursday I finally got to see and hear all the songs she's been singing for two months. The performance was great. I was amazed at how well all these 7 and 8 year olds performed and had the guts to get up and sing solos and do their parts. It was a great experience for her and so glad she was given this kind of opportunity.

Sara was a horse in the Farm animal chorus. The costumes, scenery, and props for the whole thing were amazing. I don't know how they got all of it. I couldn't get a good picture of it all, but trust me, it was pretty good. (Misti, if you have any good pictures, send them my way)

0 comments: