This is by big guy all ready to head off to school ALL DAY! He was so excited and said he wasn't nervouse at all, but in the morning he had to go to the bathroom a few times which is what happens when my kids get nervous or anxious about something. But he was super excited to get back to school. I, too, was excited but also a little anxious for him to be at school all day.
And Sara, well she's an old hat at this. She was sooooooo excited to go to school. She LOVES it. She was even sad when her teacher said she doesn't give lots of homework. This year Sara gets to have the teacher she had in kindergarten. (We requested she get put in her class.) Mrs. Williams moved up to 3rd grade and Sara has been so excited to get to be in her class again. She came home and said, "Mrs. Williams has a lot more rules this year." But she's still excited to be there.
Seriously, the school supplies.
Evan's friend from the ward, Julia, is in his class again this year. There were 4 from our ward in the same class last year, and only these 2 got put in the same class this year.
She's ready to go
After a long day at school. My kids, even Sara, still take naps when they are home. They need them. When Evan came home yesterday his eyes looked so tired. (It didn't help that he has a scratch under his eye from a friend he was wrestling with.) You could tell he needed to sleep.
They have a new principal this year. There were some changes to how things are run. Among them a change in uniform policy. They have uniforms, nothing new, but were able to earn free dress on Friday for good behavior, turning in homework, etc. The new principal has done away with that. Now they only get to have free dress 4 times a year. It's not a big change, but I'm not quite sure I like it. As a mom, I love having uniforms. It makes life a little simpler. But, I also liked for them to be able to choose what they wanted to wear once a week. But maybe it will prove to be a good thing.
Kamri and I surprised them at home with a giant chocolate chip cookie.
4 comments:
How fun! Seriously how tall is Evan getting. He looks taller than Sara now. I love that she wants homework.
I cannot believe they are so grown up!!! What memories this brings up. I used to hate seeing all of you going back to school. You all grew up too fast. Love ya tons, Mom
Woah, I didn't realize Evan was taller than Sara. Crazy! And can we please get together sometime soon so you can show me some different ways to do Sabrina's hair?
Your family photo is so darling at the top. Hey, we were in UT a few weeks ago and WE SAW YOU! That's right, you turned left right in front of us. We waved but we were too late. What a funny coincidence. We'll have to consider that our visit with you. :)
Post a Comment