CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Sara and the Rock Stars

Since Sara is turning 8 this year, she got to have a friend birthday party.  We only do these on "special" birthdays: 5-years, 8-years, 12-years, and 16-years.  It was 8 months ago that I found the idea and Sara really liked it so we decided to have a Rock Star party.  A few months ago I started collecting stuff I found on sale so it really has been a few months in the making.


This is the invitation.  I made it from the totally free stuff on Picnik (I found this tutorial to help me).

 


I made this backdrop for their "stage".  
I just hung a couple black tablecloths on the wall and cut out some stars and the words from contact paper then sprayed some spray glitter to make it shine.  It actually looked really cool and Sara thought it was awesome.  The colors for the party were black, pink, and purple so everything was decorated with those colors.
 

 



My mom and dad aren't going to be here for her birthday and they wanted to see the party stuff so they, along with Trina and Pace, came over before the party started to give her her gift and let her show them her party stage.  They all rocked out downstairs for a little while.

My parents gave her this cutest shirt and hat set.  She looks so cute in them.
  



I got some huge "diamond" rings, sunglasses, necklaces, and feather boas for the girls to dress up in for their "auditions" so I had to have a dressing room. 
 



...and a sign leading them downstairs to backstage
 




 




 


(don't mind the disgusting grass)


When the girls got there we had them draw 2 pieces of paper each with a word on it.  That was their rockstar name.  And I painted their name along with a star on their cheeks.  Sara's name was Purple Chic. Kamri's was Gold Chic.  Some others were Sparkle Star, Silver Glamour, Shiny Glitter,  Rock Girl, and a few more I can't remember.
I bought some blow up microphones and guitars so they pretty much spent the rest of the time downstairs on stage rocking out to a CD that Cassie made of fun songs just for this occasion (thanks Cass).  We also played a couple games of musical microphones and freeze dance, but it was pretty much up to them.  I didn't have much to do after it got started.


 What is a birthday party without cake?


As the party favor, we got some Pop Rocks and attached a note saying, "Thanks for coming to my birthday party.  You were a Poppin' Rock Star!"
The party was a success.  It took a lot of work to get it ready but it was fun putting it all together.  Even more important, the girls had a lot of fun and Sara thought it was cool and wishes she could do it again.

7 comments:

TidyMom said...

Hi Gina......have you check my blog today? There just MIGHT be a SURPRISE on there for you!.....http://www.tidymom.net/2010/08/silhouette-winner.html

Megan said...

Hey Gina!! Congrats on you win!! (Im jealous ;)!) ENJOY IT!

Cathe Holden said...

Congratulations on your TidyMom giveaway win!!!! Holy Smokes!!

Shelley said...

Whooo hoo! :) So glad you won it. It is a fabulous machine. :) -Shelley@ HowDoesShe

Linda said...

Congratulations on your newest toy!

Jenny said...

What a fun party! Your new toy will be great for future party decorations!

Cassie L. said...

Fun fun party! Thanks for inviting me:) The fun continued when we got home and all tried out the pop rocks! I need to get some more for my kids - they thought they were awesome!!