CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Sara's first big date....

Each year our city puts on a Daddy Daughter Dance near Valentine's Day. We totally forgot about it last year so this year she was so excited to go. Ben put some balloons in her room that, when put together, said "Sara, will you be my Valentine Date." She answered him with a balloon on his steering wheel at work that said, "YES!!!! I want to dance with you tonight." She was SUPER excited. We got her dressed up in her pretty red dress, did her hair, and put some make-up on.
Ben came to the door .) and rang the doorbell to pick up his date. She was a little embarrassed. She ran and hid in her room. He surprised her with a corsage. And to be honest, she thought it was pretty but it kind of bugged her a little. But it was fun (for me) for her to have it.
The happy couple
My brothers and brother-in-law brought their girls, too. Although I'm not excited for her to turn 16 and start dating (in 10 years) it was kind of fun for me to help her get ready for her "date". It brought back all the excitement of getting your hair done, make-up, corsages, and pretty dresses that comes with high school dances. Like I said, I can wait but it gave me a little taste of what is to come. So fun!!!

0 comments: