CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, July 9, 2010

4th of July festivities...

I never used to put anything on our door.  I decided that was boring so I've started doing it.  It has been fun.  I made this one to celebrate the month of July.  I saw it online somewhere and threw it together.



I painted Sara's, Kamri's, and my nails festive for the 4th.  It was fun but difficult.  I think I"ll get a smaller paintbrush next time instead of a toothpick.  

On Friday night our city did their fireworks.  We can see them from our front lawn so we sat outside for a while waiting for them to start.  While we were waiting we lit some of our own fireworks from my family's fireworks tent.  We of course did some Pop-It's and flowers and this year we actually got a fountain.  Miles was a little scared and whimpered a bit, but he watched it the whole time.



 Then, Saturday morning was the parade.  We went down to the park where the parade was going to pass and waited for it.  While we waited they had some blow up slides for the kids.  There weren't a lot of kids there so Sara, Evan, and Kamri had this one all to themselves for about 15 minutes.  Luckily, when the big kids decided to play on it the parade was close so left the slides to see the cool police motorcycles.



Miles was loving it and laughing - his favorite past time.

  





No parade is complete without picking up a stash of candy.  When we got home Sara counted it all and came out with 52 pieces.  They thought that was a ton and were so happy.

 
Then of course we spent some time at the fireworks tent.  I didn't get any pictures this year.  But as usual the kids looked forward to it for days and have fun while they're there.

Happy 4th of July!!

0 comments: