CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, July 10, 2010

I made a new outfit - sort of.

I had this pair of holy jeans.  I've had them since before Kamri was born.  They were a great find (only $12) and fit perfectly.  I wore them almost everyday.  So, needless to say they were getting old.  They were getting holes in the knees so I put patches on the inside and stitched over the holes.  Then I used a cheese grater and made a hole in the hip area (to make the other holes look a little more intentional), patched and sewed that up.  That worked for a little while, but the holes in the knees kept getting bigger.  Finally I decided it was time to make them into shorts since I needed some denim shorts anyway.  So I cut them off, ironed the edges up, and sewed some crochet thread in some spots.  (idea found at Get Craftin').

I came up with these.  I like that I now have some denim shorts, but I really miss those jeans.  

I also made the Tee (found idea at I am Momma...Hear me Roar).  This is a black Tee I've had for YEARS.  It was looking a little drab and needed some sprucing up.  So I used metallic silver and metallic emerald green and stamped away.  I love that I have a new outfit for almost no money.



1 comments:

Ticklemedana said...

Super cute, Gina! I love the t-shirt! and the Shorts Idea...I have a few pairs of jeans that are a little too big but I think would be awesome as shorts so I'll have to try that.