We went on another of our monthly family hikes. This might be our last one before the weather turns cold. We went to the Pipeline Trail (I think that's what it's called) up Millcreek canyon. Ben and the men in the family biked this trail a while back and he wanted to show me how he "could have died" when he was on it. I thought we were going to hike up a little and then turn around and come back down - we did have three small kids with us. But, we kept going, and going, and going. We got to the top of one trail and then turned and walked some more.
When we got to the end the kids and I stayed and Ben ran down the road to the car and came and picked us up. The kids did great. After a couple of "my legs hurt" and a few tears, they were wonderful. I was really proud of them and the fact they could be such good sports. I was a little worried when the wind picked up, it got cooler, and I actually felt a few rain drops and we had no idea where the end was. But thank goodness the storm never came. It was a long hike - 2 1/2 hours - but one I'm sure we'll remember for a while.
Ben climbing
Ben trying to get Sara to share his love of climbing
beautiful views
We saw this huge ant - HUGE
We stopped to eat pears and fruit snacks
Waiting for Ben
2 comments:
I am glad Kamri still makes that face! I wanted to do some hiking this summer...but alas it didn't happen. Oh well. (By the way, my word verification is damun...yeah, I had to take a double-take, too).
So, did you see how Ben could have died or did you see that he's just a complete wuss who overexaggerates everything? ;)
How fun for you guys! We'd like to go with you sometime next year.
Post a Comment