CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Yumm.....Peaches and a fun Family Home Evening

Every peach season my grandpa goes up north to some orchard and picks up some peaches for all of us. My family and I LOVE peaches. They are one of my favorite fruits. Just thinking about them makes my mouth water. I should have taken a picture of our stash this year, but of course I didn't think about it. We got a whole bushel (two big boxes) of peaches. A lot of them we just ate fresh or sliced up and put them over chocolate ice cream (so yummy). This is what we did with the rest.....
I spent one morning with my mom canning a batch of peaches. I was going to do it by myself this year to prove to myself that I could, but honestly, it is so much more fun to do it with someone else.

And then I made a peach pie. Mmmmmmm..... (thanks for the crust Mom).

That evening I gave a Family Home Evening lesson on why we have scriptures and the importance of reading them. During it we spoke about Lehi's vision of the tree of life and holding fast to the iron rod (the word of God). So Ben blindfolded the kids and had them hold onto the rod (extension rod) and ended up at the tree of life (a candle) so they could partake of the fruit (peach pie). It was a successful Family Home Evening.

Holding to the rod

Reaching the tree of life

partaking of the fruit

2 comments:

Allie Linford said...

Wow! Look how much your family has grown. georgous kids!! How have you guys been doing? you all look great. I am going to add you to our blog list. Keep in touch.

Ticklemedana said...

you guys are so stinking cute...I love all the fun things you do with your family.